Resolved: Rescue Rooter - Go with another plumbing company!

2.0
Turnaround Time

Update by user Feb 14, 2017

UPDATE: after taking and working with the manager I felt we reached somewhat of neutral ground. When I spoke with him on the phone he couldn't account for the full amount that was charged.

And when he came to my house to look at the work that was done he said the extra cost that wasn't accounted he said was the overhead. Which I looked at the faucet set they installed which was around $125 and charged around $300 for it. That is called the overhead. They charge $185/hr.

The plumber only gets probably around $25-$40 per hour. The remaining is overhead. So when he said the amount not accounted for was the overhead. Apparently they have an over head for their overhead.

So just be be aware of that.

Would I use this company again? Answer - yes, but wouldn't be my first top 5 choices

Original review posted by user Jan 20, 2017

I wanted to fix my leaky faucet and after seeing the videos on YouTube it showed you just needed to replace a simple part and than that would be it. I tried to take out the piece but the previous owners did it wrong and we had to call a plumber.

So these guys came and gave me a quote for the new piece and doing the work which at first I didn't think it was a bad price. But the plumber (Tyler) put in our new faucet he cracked it and it was useless. He said we would have to use another plumber or "upgrade" to having to redo our mixing valves. Its winter, the water is off, we had no choice.

To fix a leaky bathtub cost us over $1100 and we had to pay for the part that he broke!! He said that Rescue Rooter has a flat cost of almost $300/per hour, which was not told us before. Something that never should have cost over $500 we had to pay over $1100 just isn't ethical and this isn't an honest company! Go with another company!!!

This company will take your money in anyway they can!! RUN!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rescue Rooter Plumbing Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Price was 300 dollars an hour, Dishonesty.

Rescue Rooter - Plumbing Service Review

I called ARS or Rescue Rooter OC. My sinks are clogged and they said they would have someone out here within the hour.

Then they called and said they were running late. Then they called and said they didn't have an ETA or that they could even get to it today. Of course by that time all other places were closed. Then he called once again and asked if I want to reschedule to tomorrow.

I said "How do I know you will show up then? He said he didn't know.

Long story short, I don't even know if they have plumbers or a business. After I read the reviews, I think I dodged a bullet.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rescue Rooter Plumbing Service.